The average tuition and fees for the 2020-2021 school year were $41,411 for private universities, $11,171 for state residents at public universities, and $26,809 for out-of-state students at state schools.
That’s why so much money and so many students struggle to pay off their debts. Although there are several student loan programs available for you.
That’s why I spend a lot of money on college every year.
Thankfully, there are actually a few ways you can get paid to study and go to school.
How to make money going to school
Below is a list of companies, government programs, and schools that pay for school attendance.
1. Receive tuition reimbursement from your employer
Some employers offer tuition reimbursement programs. So they will pay for your education. It’s like getting free money for college!
Employers known to pay college tuition are:
- Home Depot: Home Depot offers tuition reimbursements of up to $6,000 per year for full-time employees, up to $3,000 per year for part-time employees, and up to $2,500 per year for immediate family members.
- Amazon: Through the Career Choice Program, Amazon pays 95% of tuition and fees upfront for employees to earn certifications and associate’s degrees in high-demand professions such as aircraft machinery, computer-aided design, and dental hygiene. For more information, check out the page linked at the beginning of this bullet point.
- Chipotle: When you work at Chipotle, you can earn 100% tuition for some programs and up to $5,250 for others. Learn more at the site linked earlier.
Corporate tuition reimbursement policies vary widely from company to company. So, check if your employer offers this benefit. If not, consider finding an employer who offers tuition reimbursement.
2. Join the army
If you are in military service, you can get paid and go to school. If not, you can consider this as a career path if it suits you.
Of course, the military is not for everyone, but if the idea of joining the military is fascinating, you can get a lot of college finance options.
Here are a few ways you can get paid to go to school.
- GI Bill: The GI bill, in force since 1944, assists veterans and their families to cover all or part of their school or training expenses. There is also a Montgomery GI bill for active members and a Post-9/11 GI bill for people who have served active duty since September 10, 2001.
- Military tuition aid program: The military also provides annual tuition assistance. This varies, but can be up to $4,500 per year. Unfortunately, there is no site where you can link to more details. Instead, you need to check with the military for specifics.
3. Get a scholarship
When you get a scholarship, you’ll get money to go to school, except that you don’t have to pay it back. You basically get paid to go to school.
There are many college scholarships, and each scholarship has different eligibility.
Some scholarships, for example, are sport-based, while others are given to people who are gifted with mathematics. There are also state scholarships available to excellent people in high school.
- You can learn more about the scholarship here.
4. Subsidy application
Grants are a kind of scholarship, where you get money to go to college you don’t need to pay back.
Tuition fees are offered in full or in partial tuition. There are many places that offer subsidies, such as government agencies, non-profit organizations, and associations.
The two main ways to get a grant are:
You can fill out the Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. And you will be considered as a public subsidy. There are a variety of grants available, such as the Pell Grant, reaching up to $6,495 per year in 2020-2021.
Some private universities offer grants. More information on these grants can be found on the university’s enrollment page. Alternatively, you can contact the university to inquire.
Examples of universities that offer grants include:
Visit this site to learn more about grants.
5. Attend school free of tuition
Consider attending a school where you can get your degree for free. With so many free online college courses, there are so many options for getting a free degree. And that’s a great way to save money in college.
Easy tips to get paid to go to school…
If none of the above options work, try earning extra money while attending college.
There are several ways to do this.
6. Selling courses on Udemy or Skillshare
You can take your newly learned knowledge in college classes and sell your courses on it. If you’re taking a creative writing course, sell a how-to guide to creative writing. If you are studying business, sell courses on how to start a business.
- Sign up for Udemy here.
- Sign up for Skillshare here.
7. Selling Books Through Amazon Kindle
Again, you can make a book about it with anything you learned in college or a subject you like. Then you can publish it through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
Every time a book is sold, you can earn up to 70% on royalties. This means you can earn money while sitting in the lecture. So, you are essentially getting paid to go to college.
8. Tutoring others
You can also earn money by teaching others.
The following is a site that pays tutors.
9. Check the post…
Here on MoneyPantry there are tons of posts for college students to save and earn extra cash.
Check out the following post for more details.
- 125 Ways Students Can Save Money At College: Read It Now!
- Over 100 FREE & Discounts for College Students: Read Now!
- 70 Ways To Make Money At College: Read It Now!
College can be expensive. But it doesn’t have to be that way. In fact, there are so many ways you can get paid while attending school.
Sure, you may not qualify for all of them, but it’s good to know that there are options to get paid for college, such as companies that pay to go to school and jobs that pay to go to school.
And, of course, it’s always a good idea to check what grants and scholarships are available to you.
If you have any advice or advice on entering college, please let us know in the comments section.