In my last post, I highlighted the different ways you can drive sales with condition marketing. Today, I’ll show you how you can take this one step further with the addition of sequence marketing.
One of the biggest mistakes website owners make is showing ads to people who no longer want to see them.
I’m not just talking about amateur bloggers, I’m talking about some of the biggest websites in the world that make this mistake.
Here’s an example that I’m sure most of you have seen, if not all:
You subscribe to a mailing list and then you are continually shown the same email subscription form for the list you have already subscribed to.
This advertising is now a total waste for you.
Not only that, but it’s a bad user experience.
And one of the biggest flaws in this is the fact that most of the time, your subscription box has the best location on your website.
So ultimately what I’m saying is, for a lot of people, you’re wasting your best ad space, showing something that people no longer need to see.
So what do you do about it?
Use WhyCompete: a new tool created by us, which allow you to set conditions to determine which ads are shown and when.
Is that how it works:
A visitor comes to your website and does two things, they interact with your ad or not.
If they interact with your website, let’s say they subscribe to your mailing list, this ad will now be replaced by the next ad in their sequence. If they don’t subscribe after a certain period of time or a different condition that you set, you can start showing a different ad instead. As I mentioned in my last post, there is little to be gained by showing the same ad over and over again and expecting a user to suddenly want to click on it. If an ad isn’t converting, try another.
Here’s a screenshot inside WhyCompete, so you can see how we’ve used it to drive conversions for IncomeDiary.
The idea of our email list for IncomeDiary is to get people to sign up to watch a free video on how to drive traffic. Once they subscribe they watch the video, then at the end of the video they are offered the opportunity to purchase a product that we created and that teaches our best tips.
In a marketing funnel, or what we like to call a marketing sequence, there are many steps along the way to achieving a marketing goal, giving you many ways to improve your conversions.
Using IncomeDiary as an example, here are all the different types of ads that we can show to visitors:
- Subscribe to find out how we got 10 million readers (shown to those who have not yet subscribed)
- Sign up for Traffic Domination training (shown to those who subscribed but did not purchase)
- Sign up for Traffic Domination training and get $ 10 discount (shown to those who subscribed, but did not purchase after viewing the ad 3 times)
- Sign up for the PopUp Domination web app (shown to those who have purchased Traffic Domination but not our upsell)
- Sign up for PopUp Domination’s free 30-day trial (shown to those who haven’t purchased PopUp Domination after seeing the ad three times)
Let’s not forget that this example only looks at how the stream works if they subscribe. If someone doesn’t subscribe, we start showing an ad that takes visitors to a blog post, which helps convince them to subscribe.
Love the idea of using sequence and condition marketing on your own website?
Here are 3 more ways you can start using sequential marketing today:
1. Increase website engagement with sequential marketing
When we launched IncomeDiary, we made $ 5000 in our first month.
We did this by offering a free 7-day e-course to create your first profitable blog.
If we were to do this course again, we could replace our subscription box after someone signs up, with a box containing 7 links, one for each day of the course.
On the first day, you will see all 7 links, but only the first link will be clickable.
Then as you browse through the 7 days, day by day, the other links are clickable.
We could even do it like this, after someone has completed a training day, the ad link could have a line through it.
Why would this work?
First of all, it is easy to use, they could find all the links easily without having to find the email in which it was first mentioned.
Second, it would make the course more interactive.
And third, users would see what was yet to come, convincing them to take action when they received the training. This is the key to eCourse success, not just for someone to sign up, but for them to keep following you.
2. Use a two-step social media subscription box to increase shares
Most websites have a large box somewhere that advertises their Facebook page.
Why not, as soon as someone clicks Like, replace the Facebook box with a Facebook share box.
Here’s an example of how it could be done in IncomeDiary:
Announcement 1: Subscribe to our Facebook page to receive blog updates
Announcement 2: Thanks for liking our page! Why not share our most popular post with your friends?
They already clicked as, at that very moment, they are much more likely to share a post, than at any other time, so why not make it easy for them?
3. Offer a discount to users who almost buy something.
With WhyCompete’s sequential marketing tool, you can display ads based on interaction with any page on your website.
I once read that only 25% of the people who visit a checkout page go ahead and complete their purchase.
Why not show an ad to people who visit your checkout page, but don’t buy, convincing them to come back and buy?
The ad might say something like, “I saw you were interested in buying Traffic Domination, here’s a $ 10 discount if you order within the next 24 hours.”
Or instead, you couldn’t even mention that you knew they landed on your order page and presented your ad in a way that seemed like a great moment. “Get $ 10 off our Traffic Domination course if you order within the next 24 hours!”
Online marketing can now be customized based on how someone uses your website, you no longer have to guess what might work.
So why not make it easier and sign up for WhyCompete and start building your sequence today!
With our new tool, you can:
- Customize your existing ads.
- Create new ads with our ad editor.
- See statistics on how well your ads are converting. (Not just your overall conversion rate, but your goal’s conversion rate as well.)
- Show ads based on how a user interacts with your website.
- Show different ads to visitors from different countries.
- Show different ads depending on the theme of a page.
- Allow users to move to the next ad using our “I’m not interested in button”.
- With our drag-and-drop editor, you can create sequences in seconds (not even minutes).
- And last but not least, we have live chat. The core belief of our team is that customer satisfaction is critical to business success. Everyone engages in the chat, including our lead developer.
Best of all, you can use our tool even if you don’t have any programming skills.
To register, visit www.WhyCompete.com right now!